The Old Oswestrians Club was founded in 1952. It was originally named "The Old Oswestrians Society" but this was later changed to The Old Oswestrians Club after it was discovered there was already an "Old Oswestrians Society" in the town for alumni of Oswestry Grammar School.
Our aims and objectives are broadly speaking, to meet annually in scientific, academic and social friendship and to perpetuate what might be termed "the Oswestry tradition" - Old Oswestrians' must kindle the flame!
Our first nominated president was Sir R Watkin Jones
Our first ever members of our Executive Committee were:
- John Bristow
- John Charnley
- Alexander Miller
- Guy Pulvertaft
- James Wishart
John C Menzies was the first Honorary Recorder of the Society
The Chain of office was presented to the club by Mr W N Laurence and is displayed in the Institute of Orthopaedic at the Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Gobowen, Shropshire which is the Headquarters of the Club.
Please use the menus to find information on archived meetings or present programmes.